Business cards have always been a fun exercise for me. I've always done something different with my business cards – first were my blog daim npav nrog kuv daim duab, ces pob ntawm PostIt Notes, thiab feem ntau tsis ntev los no daim yuag nrog daim dispenser los ntawm Zazzle.
Hnub no kuv tau saib ntawm teleseminar ntawm Alex Mandossian in a business education series that I'm subscribing to and he pointed out a great opportunity that I've let slip past… three business cards in a row!
Qee qhov tseeb ntawm daim npav ua lag luam
- Most people don't remember the person they got them from.
- Feem ntau tsuas yog muab pov tseg. Koj tau them rau qee yam uas tsis tshua muaj rov qab los ntawm kev nqis peev!
- Of those people that actually keep them, very few are ever acted upon… mostly because there's often no reason to!
Dab tsi tuaj yeem hloov kho nrog
koj kuv daim npav lag luam?
- Tso koj daim duab rau hauv koj daim npav lag luam. Qhov no yuav ua rau tib neeg nco qab koj yog leej twg!
- Alex hais tias koj yuav tsum muaj ib qho kev kawm siab ci ntsa iab. In other words, is there anything on your card that you can provide that will lead someone to take action? His example is a 1-800 number with a pre-recorded message. It's impersonal and safe… and the person who calls it can benefit from the message.
- Include a message customized for the event you handed it out to. If you're at a networking event, order some cards for those events. If you're speaking at an event, include the event! If you're at a conference… put the conference. By kev cai daim npav rau qhov kev tshwm sim, koj tsuas yog muab tus tau txais kev pabcuam nrog a tej yam me me billboard to invite them to making contact as well as providing a viral component. When Alex hands out 500 cards, he sees 2,000 visits to his sites and phone numbers. That's a nice viral component!
I'm about to order another set of my business cards and I'm going to incorporate these tips. My photo will be added (sigh!), I'm going to include a link to a free download with some advice and tips, and I'm going to pre-record a better message on Google Voice with some frequently asked questions about my business.
Let me know if you're interested in the business series I'm subscribing to. It's a bit pricy, but if I get a single contract from giving away business cards, it will pay for the entire business series… and I'm just on the first video. I've gotten many compliments on my recent cards – but I can't say that they've gone viral or gotten me business!