Folks tend to forget phone numbers, logos, names and URLs… but they don't forget faces typically. It's why we recommend that all of our customers get their faces out there! More and more, our social presence, our blog posts and even our search results are beginning to show faces. A friendly face is a comforting gateway to get prospects in front of you and they should not be underestimated.
Trust me, I don't put my big ‘ol mug everywhere because I'm in love with myself. I do it so that folks continue to recognize me. So… drop everything and do the following:
- Nrhiav tus kws thaij duab kom zoo – don't leave your image to an iPhone camera or your laptop… a great photographer will set the lighting, and provide you with an image of depth that matches your personality. We love Paul D'Andrea's ua haujlwm! Ntseeg lawv qhov kev txiav txim siab ntawm qhov teeb tsa thiab qhov zoo nkauj!
- Sau npe rau ib tug Gravatar account – upload your image, add and confirm all of your email addresses. Gravatar is utilized by most of the commenting systems in addition to WordPress (who owns the platform) and it's respected universally. Now your face will display consistently whether you're in a comment or on a WordPress profile.
- Sau npe rau Google - Yog tias koj ntxiv cov xaib uas koj pab txhawb rau koj qhov Google+ profile, koj cov duab yuav tseem tso tawm rau hauv cov kev tshawb fawb yog tias qhov sau tias "theuthorship mark-up tsis pub dhau lub xaib (feem ntau cov blogging platform tau siv qhov no)." Qee lub sij hawm Google+ qhia koj cov duab yam tsis muaj qhov cim, thiab!
- Ua kom tiav koj qhov WordPress profile - yawm plugins nyiam Yoast's WordPress SEO plugin ntxiv cov chaw rau tso koj cov ntaub ntawv Google+, muab cov cim tsim nyog kom tau txais koj cov duab los tso rau hauv cov ntaub ntawv tshawb.
- Sim khaws koj cov duab cia xwm yeem thoob plaws koj lub vev xaib social network. When someone begins to see your face on a blog comment, then in Facebook, and on Twitter, they're more likely to become a fan, follower or even a customer! I've literally had people walk up to me from Paris to San Francisco who recognized me by my photo… it's paid off in dividends!
As a professional in the space, I would recommend against cartoons (unless you're a cartoonist) or some other image. Unless they have a rare disorder known as prosopagnosia, tib neeg pom ntsej muag zoo dua li lawv nco qab lwm cov ntsiab lus ntawm koj tus lag luam lossis koj cov khoom lag luam thiab cov kev pabcuam.
PS: Qhov kev tshaj tawm blog no tau raug tshoov siab los ntawm peb tus thawj coj, Jenn Lisak, xa email zoo rau tus neeg piav qhia tib yam!