Ob peb feeb dhau los, Kuv tau txais Google Ceeb Toom nyob rau ib tsab xov xwm hais txog vim li cas Ajax thiaj dhau Java rau lawm. Sounds like a great article, doesn't it? I couldn't tell you because I never read it. This is what I was met with when I got there:
Dab tsi ua rau nplooj ntawv no zoo kawg li kev tsis txaus ntseeg:
- When the page launches, a div pop-up hits me right between the eyes with a very small close link in the base. The pop-up isn't a window pop-up so a pop-up blocker doesn't work. As well, the advertisement is carefully positioned to display OTHER ADS within the sidebar and it actually blocks the content I came to see.
- Yog tias koj nqes los, tshaj tawm nyob hauv tib qho chaw qub! Koj kiag li tsis tuaj yeem nyeem cov ntsiab lus tsis tas nias ze rau ntawm Kev Tshaj Tawm.
- Daim vis dis aus tshaj tawm pib ua si sai li sai tau thaum lub xaib nrog suab! I don't mind sound on a web page… when I ask for it.
- Hauv nplooj ntawv muaj 7 qhov kev tshaj tawm hauv qhov pom yooj yim ... thiab tsis muaj cov ntsiab lus.
- There are no less than five navigation methods on the page! There's a listbox, horizontal tabbed menu, horizontal menu, a horizontal ticker menu, sidebar menus… how can anyone possibly find anything on this website? I'm wondering whether or not there actually yog muaj cov ntsiab lus ntawm lub xaib hauv tag nrho cov ntawv qhia thiab tshaj tawm!
- This is, supposedly, a website that's a resource for Website Professionals! Can you believe that?
Lub Chaw Tshaj Lij Tshaj Tawm Technology thiab Cov Ntaub Ntawv Sib piv
In comparison, let's take a look at CNET. CNET also has a multimedia component (that you click play on if you'd like to, and 7 advertisements in plain view! However, the navigation and web page layout promote the content instead of hiding it.
Qhov cuam tshuam thiab sib piv
If you don't think design is an important feature of a news and information website, I'll throw in this comparison of Alexa suav kev sib piv:
What's your most annoying web site? Please… keep it to Marketing and/or technology sites.